We love these light little cookies. They are fragile (often the case with gluten free cookies) so bake them on greaseproof baking paper and let them cool completely before touching them otherwise they will fall apart. Simple to make and really lovely, the granola adds a nice little crunch.
125g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
175g plain gluten free flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
40g rolled oats
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Mix in the egg yolk.
- Sift over the flour, then stir into the butter mixture. Add the oats and granola and stir to blend. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C. Grease a baking sheet.
- Roll dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet and flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.