There are times when I want a crumbly biscuit or scone topped with jam and cream and a huge cup of tea. It’s often at the end of a long working week, or after a busy show selling our granola, when I want to put my feet up and have a tasty treat. These fit the bill, not too sweet, nice texture, gluten free and dairy free if you swap the dairy cream for whipped coconut milk.
300g almond meal / ground almonds
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
60ml macadamia nut oil or cold pressed olive oil
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 free range eggs
strawberry jam, butter or cream to serve
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Combine almond meal, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- Add the oil, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Mix into a soft sticky dough.
- Dust your working surface with a little almond meal.
- Place over the scone dough and flatten out to 3 cms thick.
- Cut into small rounds and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden and are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Serve alone or with your choice of jam, butter or cream.