Baked pears with granola can be used as a breakfast, lunch or a dessert.
A baked pear with granola is a really simple dish to make. People with coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance often complain that there is a lack of gluten free options for desserts in restaurants. Our customers have told us that they are usually offered fruit, meringues or maybe ice cream.
This delicious snack or dessert option is gluten, wheat and dairy free. It is sweet, yet a healthy option. The apple juice gently poaches the pears to make them as light as a feather, and the granola adds that little welcome crunch. Its best served with either cream, ice cream or yogurt
- 2 large pears
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 60ml apple juice
- Greek yoghurt to decorate
- 60g of Maria Lucia Bakes Cashew, Almond and Cinnamon granola.
Click here to find our Cashew, Almond and Cinnamon granola.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel pears, cut in half lengthwise. And remove core and seeds, creating a hollow
- Place pear halves with sides up in a pie plate. Mould granola into pear hollows and sprinkle coconut sugar evenly over pears.
- Pour the apple juice in and around the pear halves. Cover dish loosely with tin foil.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until tender. Let stand in the dish 5 minutes. Use a large spoon to transfer the pears to serving plates.
- Drizzle juices from the pie plate over pears and serve with Greek yogurt.
- Enjoy your baked pear with granola.