What could be nicer than a fruit crumble on a chilly January day? Most crumbles are packed full of sugar, but not this one, it is sugar-free and gluten-free, ideal for coeliacs.
Check out the recipe!
- 500 g mixed frozen berries or fresh fruit such as apples or rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 100 g gluten-free rolled oats
- 50 g almond flour
- 50 g chopped nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or cashew nuts)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a saucepan, combine fruit and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until the fruit is thawed and juicy.
- Add chia seeds to the fruit and stir well. This will thicken the mixture. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, nuts, and cinnamon. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix it into the oat mixture until it is crumbly. If you want a sweeter crumble, you can also mix in some honey or maple syrup.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to a baking dish or ramekins and top it with the oat mixture. Spread the oat mixture evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Bake the crumble in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve the crumble warm, with yogurt, vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!