Caring about the environment and sustainability every day...
We are a verified member of the Origin Green sustainability programme since July 2015. Origin Green is the only sustainability programme in the world that operates on a national scale, uniting government, the private sector and food producers through Bord Bia. As a small company we strive to be as sustainable and as environmentally friendly as possible throughout all parts of our business.
Here at Maria Lucia Bakes we produce delicious gourmet gluten, wheat and dairy free granola and muesli cereals. We are currently stocked in many different stores and super markets across the country and are even exporting to Norway and the UK! We are a small company but that does not stop us from thinking and caring about the environment and sustainability.
We must all act together to tackle major environmental issues and we are taking several steps to play our part:
- We have setup a cycle to work scheme which will help to reduce CO2 emissions and also benefit the health of our employees.
- Employee of the Quarter. We have set up a Green Employee Award in our manufacturer's business which is awarded to an employee for suggested improvements to achieve Origin Green driven initiatives.
- Reduce packaging. We will save 100 kilos in packaging through selling 1 kilo bags to our customers from our online shop.
- 2.5% of our net profit each year will be given to charity.
- We are taking steps to make our products even healthier by reducing the sugar content. We are also launching new no added sugar products.
- We are actively involved in educating our customers on eating healthily on a gluten free diet.
To learn more about Origin Green, click on the link below: